Europa League. Group tournament. 4th round. “Bordeaux” – “Zenith” – 1: 1
Gosha Chernovfrom Bordeaux
“A difficult start to the match,” began Semak. – Probably, later time influenced the pace. We did not look the best way before the goal conceded, but after it we started to play stronger, and in the second half we were able to even the score. In the end, hooked, not strong enough, there were good quick attacks, they could have won, but they didn’t have enough to win. The result is acceptable.
– Why did you choose the 5-3-2 scheme?
– Because the opponent has strong flank attacking players – technical and fast. Nabiullinu and Anyukov would have had trouble with them.
– Why did Mamman become the defender, and Mevlya played to the right?
– This is the usual position for Mevli. It was easier for him to play that way. Micah played very well.
– Do you plan to rely on this scheme in the future, and not only when circumstances compel you?
– We should have such a scheme in our arsenal, because we have central defenders, and the flank fighters are not always enough. There was no time to play the scheme, but it is familiar to many, the players played well. There were difficulties associated with the speed of movement, but otherwise everything is fine. The players all learned and coped.
– Was it a surprise to you that the stadium was not full?
– We were not surprised, because we watched the previous matches of “Bordeaux” in the Europa League. Unfortunately, very few fans go to the games team.
– In the 3-5-2 scheme, not only defenders, but also attackers can play on the flanks. Why did you decide to release Nabiullina with Anyukov, and not Shatov with Mac?
– We tried to release the Mac in the second half. If they had not scored, they would have made the second flank more attacking. We have both options. But the attackers need to learn this scheme better, so as not to create a risk, especially when acting in defense.
– You gave rest Dzuba and Ivanovich. Kuzyaev remained in stock. Does this mean that you still kept in mind the match with CSKA and consider it more important than the game with Bordeaux?
– Dziuba has damage. Let's see how serious it is. Artem has not conducted any training. And we are closely watching for Ivanovich. We decided not to put him, because he was very tired. He plays a lot, he needed a pause. And we are always preparing for the next match. From now on, we are preparing for CSKA.
Eric Bedoué: Zenit is a powerful club
“Zenit is a very good team,” said the Bordeaux head coach. – Perhaps the difference between us in the experience. Zenit players have more experience of matches in such competitions, but we had to continue to attack and avoid mistakes. There were scoring chances, but maybe there was not enough concentration and pressure. We will continue to work on these components.
“Did it surprise you that Marchisio went to Russia, and not to France?”
– Not. Why should this surprise me? This is a big player. And this is a powerful club.
Europa League: tournament tables, game calendar and match results