Shakhtar intends to play Champions League matches in Poland.
– Recently, Shakhtar played a friendly match against Lechia.
– We do not rule out that this was not our last match in Poland. Your country has helped Ukraine so much that we have a plan to thank you.
– What exactly are we talking about?
– I will answer simply: we want to play Champions League matches in Poland. It could be a token of gratitude.
It is a pity that no Polish club plays in the Champions League. If we could give you football of this level, we would be satisfied.
I repeat, Poland treats us very well. The country received more than 2 million Ukrainians, the vast majority of women and children who needed help. We can only thank you.
– Where are you going to play Champions League matches?
– I think in Warsaw. Which stadium? While we are considering different options, – Shakhtar director Darijo Srna said in an interview with Sportowe Fakty.
Shakhtar will play in the group stage of the 2022/23 Champions League thanks to the elimination of Villarreal from the 1/2 finals
Guess the team from the Champions League by their flights to matches. Game for attentive fans