$169.99 - $132.70
(as of Aug 04,2018 07:13:12 UTC – Details)
Note from the publisher: Products purchased from third parties can not be guaranteed by the publishers for quality, authenticity, or access to online permissions provided with the product.
Brunner's & Suddarth's medical-surgical nursing textbook, 14th edition, is very reader-friendly and rich with introductory case studies and learning tools. It provides the complete nursing foundation that students need, in a format designed to be as they would like it to be. This responsive text is accompanied by callouts, questions and vignettes to help students explore basic patient care practices in real life conditions and to gain a more practical understanding of how they apply what they have learned in practice.
For more than 50 years, the 14th edition of this groundbreaking resource has been recognized and extensively updated by trainers, students and practicing nurses to reflect the latest research and practices, and to keep pace with the transition from intensive care to home care, ethics and genetics , By fully integrating with Lippincott CoursePoint, you can easily map your entire course, provide personalized student remediation, and simulate realistic care scenarios directly from vignettes in the text, giving your students unparalleled preparation for successful medical-nursing work.
- NEW! New chapter on the assessment and management of patients with obesity including extended content on gastric and duodenal diseases.
- NEW! Interdisciplinary feature in each chapter. Nursing students should be trained in an environment that provides such interdisciplinary education experiences, based on mutual understanding and respect, and should enhance the practice of each discipline.
- ENHANCED! The chapter on immunodeficiency includes updated HIV infections and AIDS content.
- UPDATED! The following units have been revised: immunological function, digestive and gastrointestinal function and metabolic and endocrine function.
- Concept Mastery Alerts clarified difficult concepts, informed of data Misunderstanding warning Questions in PrepU for Brunner & Suddarth textbook for medical-surgical care, 12e.
- Quality and safety care alerts build on previous spending Nursing Alerts Emphasizing issues related to quality and safety care.
- UPDATED! The unit openers include new ones Case studies with QSEN competence focus to highlight a competence and related knowledge, skills and attitudes. More information about these case studies on NANDA-I, NIC, NOC and the care process is available online.
- prioritizing issues were added to that Critical thinking exercises,
- Genetics charts and Ethical dilemma charts have been revised to reflect the latest advances in this area.
- Intensive care information has been updated to help authors achieve the most up-to-date and clinically relevant content in intensive care throughout the book.
- The table of contents has been reorganized for a more logical order and a higher level of operation.
- nursing process sections Plans of nursing, and intensive care sections
- More than 2,900 NCLEX-style assessment questions
- Evaluation charts, risk factor charts, policy charts. Genetics in nursing practice charts, patient education tables, health promotion charts. Ethics and related topics charts, and Pharmacology charts and tables.
- Gerontological considerations Sections, physiology / pathophysiology numbers and updated Home Care Checklists
- Nursing Research Profiles and EBP questions help students learn the importance of evidence-based practice.
- Concepts in action animations bring concepts of anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology to life.