While still working hard on version 2.0 of foobar2000, version 1.6.14 of foobar2000 has been released. This popular lightweight music player supports mp3, aac, ogg vorbis, flac, wav and wma, among others, and has support for Replay Gain. Furthermore, the player can convert different formats, the program has extensive options to adjust the tags and the interface can be completely customized. In addition, it is possible to extend the functionality using plug-ins. Downloads are also available for Android, iOS, and macOS, but they have a different version number and release schedule. The changelog for this release looks like this:
Changes in version 1.6.14:
Maintenance release with changes backported from 2.0 series.
- Made possible to apply DSP config changes without reinitializing affected DSPs.
- Allowed DSPs to manipulate their shown name depending on preset data.
- libFLAC 1.4.2, made possible to decode 32 bits per sample FLAC file.
- Worked around FLAC files with ID3 tags being reported as corrupted by new libFLAC.
- zlib 1.2.13.
- Added mitigations for apparent random crash on Wine (less C++ exceptions thrown when dealing with media indexing errors).