A suspected suicide bomber was so calm before the bomb exploded that he stopped to knock a girl on the head.
CCTV footage featured a man who was considered to be one of the attackers who interacted with the child just before he had killed at least 110 believers in a service in the Catholic Church of St. Sebastian in Negombo, Sri Lanka.
It is believed that he stroked Dilip Fernando's granddaughter before the attack on the head.
Mr. Fernando, 66, was fortunate not to be involved in the explosion when he was forced to find an alternative church, because St. Sebastian was crowded.
He said, "At the end of the Mass, they saw a young man go to church with a heavy sack.
"He touched my granddaughter's head on the way over, it was the bomber."
In total, 321 people were killed in attacks on three churches and three hotels in Sri Lanka on Easter Sunday.
Another 500 were injured.
The British victims included attorney Anita Nicholson, son Alex Nicholson, 14, and daughter Annabel Nicholson, 1, who died at Hotel Shangri-la in Colombo.
The London Matthew Linsey confirmed that his daughter Amelie (15) and son Daniel (19) died in the same hotel.
Former firefighter Bill Harrop and physician Sally Bradley, a British couple living in Australia, were also killed in one of the hotels.
The Islamic State Group took responsibility for the Easter bombs and published pictures allegedly showing the attackers.
Sri Lanka's Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe warned that several explosive-armed suspects were still at large.
Defense Minister Ruwan Wijewardene said that "weakness" in Sri Lanka's security apparatus has not helped prevent the nine bombings.
Another government official added that the suicide bombers in the churches, hotels and other sites were executed by Islamic fundamentalists in retaliation for the massacres of the New Zealand mosque last month.
The authorities arrested 40 people in connection with the explosive devices and warned people to remain vigilant.
They are particularly concerned with vehicles that may contain explosives.