Home Health Teen spent 11 days in intensive care after catching infections from Egypt...

Teen spent 11 days in intensive care after catching infections from Egypt hotel

One teen spent 11 intensive care days after getting an infection during their holiday in Egypt.

Anna Doherty got a bacterial infection at the Jasmine Palace Hotel in Hurghada.

The resort is just a short drive from the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel, where British couple John and Susan Cooper died after succumbing to Ecoli.

Anna Doherty spent 11 days in intensive care after the bacterial infection

The 19-year-old admin assistant Anna from Greater Manchester now warns other tourists, after they are ill in the all-inclusive resort.

Miss Doherty was on vacation with her father and sister in March of this year, when their stay became a disaster, according to M.E.N.

Halfway through her stay at the all-inclusive hotel, Anna talked about how she was feeling very uncomfortable and had symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea.

After visiting the local medical center, Anna said she had a water infection and got an injection and antibiotics.

She began to feel better, but when she returned to the UK, her condition deteriorated rapidly.

Anna says her family has rushed to Royal Oldham Hospital and she was rushed to Royal Liverpool Hospital for suspected jaundice.

Physicians in Liverpool originally suspected Anna was suffering from "hemolytic uremic syndrome", which is often caused by complication from E. coli 0157 infection.

Anna Doherty was on vacation with her father and sister when she fell ill

They were unable to make a definitive diagnosis, she said, but they believe the previously healthy teenager was affected by a bacterial infection.

Anna thinks that if she had not been treated at Royal Liverpool Hospital, she would not be here today.

Speaking to M. E. N., Anna said, "It was really scary, I never expected to go away and get sick.

"I lost so much weight because I was in the hospital – my body is completely shut down.

"It's thanks to the amazing staff at the Liverpool hospital that I'm here today.

"Honestly, if I did not go to the hospital, that would be a different story.

Anna says she wants her story to be a warning to other travelers.

Anna (left) with her sister Jess (right), before she was attacked on holiday by the infection

Miss Doherty & # 39; s family booked the package holiday with the booking website OnTheBeach.

A company spokesperson said, "We pride ourselves on providing the highest standards of service and support to provide our customers with the best possible holiday experience and provide emergency contact information to use during their vacation should problems arise.

"On this occasion, while we have not been made aware that the customer is uncomfortable while on vacation or returning home, we are in touch with them now and can help in any way we can."

The Manchester Evening News has repeatedly tried to contact the Jasmine Palace Hotel, but has not received a response.

E. coli is a bacterium that lives in the intestines of humans and animals and can cause diarrhea and stomach cramps.

Anna spoke to the Manchester Evening News when tests revealed that British tourists in Egypt in another hotel in Hurghada suffer from diseases caused by the outbreak of E. coli.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Must Read

Best web hosting resellers of 2019

Best web hosting resellersWebsite hosting is usually a service you'll just buy for your own use, but sometimes it pays to think bigger. If...

The Private Border: Enterprise explorers are poised to launch $ 1 billion in science

President Donald Trump has struggled with some of his signature promises, but now he has set his goals higher: a return to the moon,...