The Bureau of Meteorology expects peak daytime temperatures to reach 40 degrees in hot and sunny conditions.
After attending the Australia Day ceremony at Billabong Park, a visit to Gloucester Pool may be fine.
You can enter the pool free of charge on the day between 2pm and 7pm.
Beating the heat will be a challenge for the locals even on the long weekend and in the workweek.
Temperatures and conditions are almost identical on Sunday.
Partly cloudy and a maximum temperature of 35 degrees is set for Monday.
The heat remains constant until at least Thursday at about 36 degrees.
Tips to beat the heat
• Keep enough water by drinking plenty of water
• Avoid the diuretic effect of alcohol
• Bring a long-sleeved shirt to cover it up after spending time in the sun
• Whenever possible, avoid direct sunlight in the hottest parts of the day
• Apply a lot of sunscreen and reapply regularly
• know the warning signs of heat stress (excessive sweating, fast heart rate, nausea, etc.)
• Get medical attention if you feel unwell
• Think of SLIP for protective clothing, SLOP for sunscreen, SLAP for beanie, SLIDE for sunglasses, SEE shade and SIP for lots of water