Many had questions about the quality of the beta version of Battlefield 2042. They tried to justify it by saying that the “build is old”, but the insider has different information. He also claims that some developers are preparing for the fact that “heads fly”
Well-known informant Tom Henderson, who has shared confirmed information on Call of Duty: Vanguard and Battlefield 2042 on several occasions, explained what is happening in and around Battlefield 2042.
Many had questions about the quality of the beta version of Battlefield 2042 and even put together an “honest trailer” of the game with a bunch of bugs. The developers tried to justify themselves by saying that the build is old, but Tom’s sources from DICE say a little different.
- The beta assembly (build) is not even a month old, it was assembled on September 20. The day before we originally planned to start beta testing. The date was found in the distribution. It is assumed that no changes were made to the assembly and that it was given to the players to try out.
- However, a new version of Battlefield 2042 still exists. As an example, Tom cites the Battlefield 2042 open beta trailer showing a more recent version of the game.
- Tom’s sources at DICE have reported stability issues with builds. Allegedly, for this reason, the footage of the gameplay is so rarely shown.
- Sources blame the management. Some of the current executives were once involved with Star Wars Battlefront 2.
- Management is focusing on Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2019, which also features an Operator system. It was they who pushed the idea of replacing classes with operatives. Recently, the operatives have been criticized, their appearance under certain conditions breaks the gameplay, players cannot distinguish an ally from an enemy.
- It is also mentioned that content creators (influencers) who were not interested in Battlefield 2042 before, but played Call of Duty, were invited to the private screening of the beta version of Battlefield 2042. For this, the content creators specialized in Battlefield were pushed.
- Tom reports on the tense situation in the team. It seems that the developers are preparing for the fact that “heads will fly.” They are discussing this issue with comrades from other studios.
The release of Battlefield 2042 is scheduled for November 19. The game will be available on PC (Steam) and PS4 | 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S consoles.