The young woman’s story released by Save the Children
While hostilities in Ukraine intensify and multiply everywhere, in Italy and in the world, demonstrations calling for an immediate end to the war, Save the Children – the organization that has been fighting for over 100 years to save girls and boys at risk and guarantee them a future – today is broadcasting the dramatic audio testimony of Anna *, a 16-year-old girl who lives near the contact line. “The last few days have been very chaotic, especially on February 24th. We woke up at 5 in the morning due to the gunshots and explosions, at first we didn’t even know if this was happening in our village or elsewhere. ” said Anna, who had previously been supported by Save the Children. “Within half an hour, we were informed that the bombing had begun in a nearby town. They told us that the inhabitants had been evacuated to an air raid shelter and that, for safety reasons, we too had to do the same: hide in basements, shelters or safe areas of the house, because there was a high probability that the bombing hit our village. This horror lasted from 5 to 9 in the morning, ”Anna continues. “At the moment our hope is that the silence will last as long as possible and that there will be no more bombings”, concludes the girl. Children and young people in Ukraine have already experienced eight years of conflict, and today they are once again subjected to violence, bombing and fleeing their homes, what is happening is too serious. Every war is a war against them. Every effort must be made to immediately find a diplomatic solution and protect them from all this.
February 26, 2022 – Updated February 26, 2022, 13:31
© REPRODUCTION RESERVED