Three teenagers who had repeatedly kicked and stamped man on tram platform were jailed

Three teenagers who had repeatedly kicked and stamped man on tram platform were jailed

Three teenagers were detained after attempting to annoy a 49-year-old man at a tram stop.

Ian Scott, 49, was targeted by the two 15-year-old boys and a 16-year-old boy on the way home at the Freehold station in Chadderton, Greater Manchester, on 8 March.

The three-minute attack on CCTV showed that Mr. Scott was repeatedly kicked and kicked when he lay unconscious before a tram stopped on the opposite side of the track.

The shocked passengers watched helplessly and shouted that the violence would stop before they helped open the doors of the tram, and the teenagers ran from the scene when Mr. Scott lay in a pool of blood.

The victim suffered left eye bleeding, tooth loss, broken nose, severe facial swelling and bruising.

The Manchester Minshull Street Crown Court heard that the attack had affected Mr. Scott in a profound and life-changing manner – both physically and mentally.

Judge Bernadette Baxter said in a condemnation: "It was a prolonged, vicious and pathetic attack that could have killed Mr. Scott. Only luck has saved him. "

Ian Scott, 49, was targeted by the two 15-year-old boys and a 16-year-old boy on the way home at the Freehold station in Chadderton, Greater Manchester, on 8 March.

She told one of the 15-year-old defendants who landed most of the beatings that there was no sign that he had stopped if the arriving tram did not enter the station.

Thumbnail for entry ID 8099808Man kills a woman before he puts his body in his boot and leads her children around

The teenager also made two different attacks on members of the public on the Greater Manchester Metrolink route last month.

He was detained for six years after pleading guilty at a previous hearing that he had caused serious personal injury with intent and two cases of personal injury that actually caused physical harm.

The 16-year-old and the other 15-year-old were sentenced to five years in prison after they admitted inflicting serious personal injury on Mr. Scott.

The defendants, who can not be named for legal reasons, were all considered immature.

The three-minute attack on CCTV showed that Mr. Scott was repeatedly kicked and kicked when he lay unconscious before a tram stopped on the opposite side of the track.

The main attacker had suffered a series of "significant traumas" in his young life that were not an excuse, but might be a reason for his behavior, it said.

Following a conviction on Friday, Detective Sergeant Alex Brown of the Greater Manchester Police said: "Today, three violent teenagers have been held accountable for their morbid actions.

"For no other reason, they exposed an innocent man to a relentless, brutal and shocking attack just because they felt like it.

More: United Kingdom

"They enjoyed beating a man so that he was unconscious and unable to defend himself."

Transport for Greater Manchester Metrolink boss Danny Vaughan said, "This was a disgusting and thoughtless attack, and we are extremely grateful that the victim could recover from his injuries.

"I have no doubt that the consequences could be far worse – possibly even fatal – if the tram driver and the other passengers had not encountered these thugs."

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.