Follow-up – Lujain Ismail:
Expired cosmetics or incorrect storage conditions, such as warmth or humidity, can make your makeup unsafe to use. To determine if your cosmetics are suitable for use, follow these easy steps.
- It is important to pay attention to the smell of your mascara, as any unpleasant or artificial smell, such as a laurel-like smell, indicates the need for immediate replacement.
- It is recommended to change the mascara every four months to ensure optimal performance.
- Any change in its color or texture indicates that it is no longer suitable for use.
- Dry concealer has a shelf life of one year, while liquid concealer stays good for up to two years.
- Dry lipsticks usually lack creaminess, but if you detect an unpleasant odor, it’s time to get rid of them.
- High quality lipsticks can last up to two years before needing a replacement.
If you notice that your eyeliner has become stale or has a strange smell, it is imperative to replace it without delay.