According to the business magazine Forbes, Lionel Messi is the world’s highest-earning athlete. The Argentine, who works for Paris Saint-Germain, has an annual income of 130 million dollars.
Messi, who was the Croesus of sports for the first time three years ago, leads the rankings ahead of Los Angeles Lakers basketball player LeBron James and Cristiano Ronaldo. The American and the Portuguese are worth 121 and 115 million respectively.
Roger Federer is ranked number 7 by Forbes. The 20-time Grand Slam winner, number 1 two years ago, earns 90 million, although he has not played tennis since last July due to another knee operation and the elimination in the quarter-finals in Wimbledon against Hubert Hurkacz from Poland game has denied more.
Top 10: These are the highest-earning athletes
- Lionel Messi (Soccer): 130 Mio. Dollar
- LeBron James (Basketball): 121,2 Mio. Dollar
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Soccer): 115 Mio. Dollar
- Neymar (Soccer): 95 Mio. Dollar
- Stephan Curry (Basketball): 92,8 Mio. Dollar
- Kevin Durant (Basketball): 92,1 Mio. Dollar
- Roger Federer (Tennis): 90.7 Mio. Dollar
- Canelo Alvarez (Boxes): 90 Mio. Dollar
- Tom Brady (American Football): 83,9 Mio. Dollar
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Basketball): 80,9 Mio. Dollar