Training as a senior environmental inspector candidate
LET’S CARE AND PROTECT THE DUSSELDORF ECOSYSTEM TOGETHER SO THAT THE CITY REMAINS LIVABLE AND BECOMES MORE SUSTAINABLE!
Have you already completed an engineering degree and gained initial professional experience? Would you like a versatile and varied job – both in the office and in the field? Then apply to us as a senior environmental inspector candidate!
During your training, you will be prepared to take on responsible tasks, primarily in the areas of regulatory and technical environmental protection. Your training will focus on the areas of responsibility of the Office for Environmental and Consumer Protection as the lower environmental protection authority.
In addition to your previous studies, you will deepen your knowledge of administrative law, for example you will learn the practical application of legal and administrative regulations
- in the approval and official monitoring of technical systems, for example,
- to soil and water,
- in direct contact with guarantors, eg in the case of complaints about noise or smells.
You will also learn methods to ensure effective and economical administration. Your work also has a strong connection to current issues in environmental protection, such as B.
- reductions in noise pollution,
- water protection,
- responsible use of resources
- Remediation of contaminated sites
The preparatory service begins on April 1 or December 1, 2023 and lasts 15 months.
What we expect from you:
- a bachelor’s degree or diploma in an engineering discipline, e.g. technical environmental protection, civil engineering, chemical engineering, biology, geology, process engineering, mechanical engineering or comparable
- German citizenship or citizenship of a member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or a third country to which Germany and the European Union have contractually granted a corresponding right to the recognition of professional qualifications
- the legal career age limits according to § 14 of the state civil service law for the state of North Rhine-Westphalia apply
- Initiative, commitment, ability to work in a team and motivation
- Ability to cooperate and assertiveness
What you can expect from us:
- Entry into the civil service career
- good takeover chances
- open exchange in the team
- flexible working hours
- Linking theory and practice
Financially stand on your own two feet during your studies!
- Basic amount: 1,405.68 euros (gross) – candidate salaries
- if applicable, family allowance: 150.32 euros (gross)
- additional services: 6.65 euros – capital-forming services
practice and theory
The preparatory service is divided into blocks of theory and practice
- 3 week introductory course
- 14 weeks training authority “Office for Environmental and Consumer Protection”
- 10 week administration course
- 3-week basic seminar “Objectives and strategies for water, soil, waste and noise”
- 16 weeks training authority “Office for Environmental and Consumer Protection” (including 4 weeks for home examination work)
- 4 weeks Upper environmental authority
- 2-week course “Conversation and Negotiation Skills, Working Techniques”
- 3 weeks State Office for Nature, Environment and Consumer Protection
- 10-week training authority “Office for Environmental and Consumer Protection”
Further information about the Office for Environmental and Consumer Protection of the City of Düsseldorf is available here: https://www.duesseldorf.de/umweltamt.html
Phone 0211 – 8998598
Phone 0211 – 8921562
for technical questions:
Corporate environmental protection
Water protection and contaminated sites
Phone 0211 – 8922702