To treat high cholesterol, you need to make some lifestyle changes such as stop smoking immediately, exercise, etc.But first we have to know what is cholesterol, a waxy substance that your body uses to protect nerves, make cell tissues, and produce certain hormones, where the liver makes All the cholesterol your body needs.
Your body also gets cholesterol directly from the food you eat, such as eggs, meat and dairy products, but too much cholesterol can have negative effects on your health … so in the following lines, we treat you with high cholesterol.
Treatment of high cholesterol
1- Exercise such as walking
2 – a healthy diet free of harmful fats
3. Lose weight helps to improve cholesterol levels and avoid the risk of heart disease
Eat lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fish.
There are no symptoms of high cholesterol as it is known by conducting tests to find out if you have high cholesterol.
Factors leading to high cholesterol
1. Poor nutrition. Eating saturated fats in animal products and unsaturated fats can raise cholesterol levels.
2. Eat foods that are high in cholesterol, such as red meat and full-fat dairy products, which will increase cholesterol in the blood.
Obesity A BMI of 30 or higher puts you at risk of high cholesterol.
4 – lack of exercise, where exercise helps to increase HDL cholesterol in the body or "good" cholesterol while increasing the size of the molecules that make up LDL or LDL cholesterol.
5. Smoking, where cigarette smoking destroys the walls of blood vessels, making them more susceptible to the accumulation of fatty deposits, smoking may also reduce the level of HDL or "good cholesterol."
Age. Because your body chemistry changes as you age, the risk of high cholesterol increases.For example, as you age, your liver becomes less able to remove bad cholesterol.
7. Diabetes, high blood sugar contributes to high levels of dangerous cholesterol called ultra-low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) and low HDL cholesterol, as high blood sugar also damages the artery lining.
Source of information mayoclinic sites and familydoctor.