Two sandwiches were brought in the luggage; The passenger is fined more than the flight ticket

Darwin NT, First Published Aug 2, 2022, 3:43 PM IST

Darwin: Passenger landed at airport without disclosing breakfast sandwiches in luggage fined Australian authorities imposed a fine of 2,664 Australian dollars (over one lakh Indian rupees) on the passenger from Indonesia.

Australian authorities have taken strict precautionary measures after the outbreak of foot and mouth disease in Indonesia has spread to Bali. The passenger arrived at Darwin Airport from Bali. With this, he had to pay more than the cost of the plane ticket for bringing the sandwich. A McDonald’s sandwich was found in the luggage. A biosecurity detector dog at Darwin Airport found two egg and sausage McMuffins and a ham croissant, according to local media.

Thousands of intoxicating pills were seized from the passenger’s bag at the airport

Australian authorities have tightened security following an outbreak of foot and mouth disease (FMD) in Bali. Australian authorities said the food was confiscated and destroyed after FMD testing. Officials explained that the virus is likely to spread through people’s clothing and food, and although it does not seriously affect humans, it poses a risk to animals in Australia such as sheep and pigs.

Intoxicated youth set fire to hotel; 140 people were evacuated by the fire brigade at midnight

Manama: In Bahrain, a young man set fire to a hotel under the influence of alcohol. As part of the rescue operation, the authorities evacuated 140 guests from the hotel. The police later arrested a 38-year-old man who set fire to the hotel and recorded the video footage of the incident.

The accident happened yesterday morning at a hotel in Manama, the capital of Bahrain. The local youth went to the veranda of the third floor at two in the morning from the restaurant of the hotel and set fire to the furniture there. The fire later spread to the hotel’s carpets. After receiving information about the fire, 10 units of the fire brigade reached the spot. An employee of the hotel informed that the fire fighting system of the hotel voluntarily brought the fire under control and the fire did not even spread from the room where the young man set fire to the adjacent room.

Cyber ​​attacks and water loss will be detected immediately; Utilizing artificial intelligence

When the police interrogated the young man, it was found that he had recorded the video of setting fire to the hotel on his own phone. As a precautionary measure, the authorities ordered the evacuation of all hotel guests. Five residents of the hotel were hospitalized after suffering smoke inhalation. Five others were given first aid.

The hotel staff informed that all the guests were shifted to another hotel nearby and no one was injured. Officials explained that only a few pieces of furniture and carpets in the building were burnt and the hotel suffered minor damage such as charred walls. After the tourism authorities inspect the hotel, permission will be given to resume operations. The case against the arrested person will be handed over to the public prosecution.

Last Updated Aug 2, 2022, 3:50 PM IST