UPDATE – Fire in the HLM of Port-Vendres: the boy succumbed

10

The alert had been given this Monday shortly before 9:30 to firefighters for a fire that had just declared in a building of HLM Coma-Sadulle in Port-Vendres.
UPDATE AT 5:45 PM

According to the first elements, the fire would have taken in a dwelling on the third floor. A pregnant woman in her thirties and her 5-year-old girl called for help from the loggia of the apartment. They were rescued by workers who were nearby and who rushed to lower them with their pod. A 3-year-old boy was trapped inside. It was extracted from the apartment by the rescue. In ventilatory cardio arrest, he was taken in charge by the medical services on the spot, then evacuated with one of the two helicopters dispatched on the spot. He has unfortunately succumbed. The mother and her granddaughter were transported to the Clinic Saint-Pierre de Perpignan. An Enedis officer was also evacuated after inhaling fumes. The fire was quickly controlled by the 35 firefighters mobilized, but caused damage throughout the building A. 20 to 30 people must be relocated. A device has been set up in the town hall with the departmental office HLM to identify specific needs for relocation. The families will be relocated on Port-Vendres itself, either in vacant housing or at the hotel.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.