In the first leg of the relegation, VfB Stuttgart celebrated a clear victory against Hamburger SV on Thursday. This is how the game went in the Mercedes-Benz Arena:
- Relegation on Thursday: The VfB Stuttgart wins first leg against Hamburger SV.
- VfB Stuttgart versus Hamburger SV – final score: 3:0 (1:0).
- The second leg in Hamburg will take place on Monday (June 5) at 8:45 p.m.
VfB Stuttgart has taken a big step towards staying up. On Thursday (June 1), the Swabians deservedly beat Hamburger SV 3-0 (1-0) in the first leg of the Bundesliga relegation. Mavropanos put Stuttgart in the lead after just 47 seconds, after the break Vagnoman (51st) can raise against his former club and Guirassy (54th).
|Part||VfB Stuttgart – Hamburger SV 3: 0 (1: 0)|
|VfB Stuttgart||F. Müller – Mavropanos, Anton (90. Zagadou), Ito – Vagnoman, Karazor (85. Nartey), W. Endo, Sosa, Millot (85. Egloff), Führich (68. Tomas) – Guirassy (68. Pfeiffer)|
|Hamburger SV||Heuer Fernandes – Heyer, David, Schonlau, Muheim – Meffert, Reis (60th Suhonen), Kittel – Jatta, Glatzel, Dompé (65th Königsdörffer)|
|Tore||1:0 Mavropanos (1.), 2:0 Vagnoman (51.), 3:0 Guirassy (54.)|
|referee||Tobias Welz (Wiesbaden)|
|Particular incidents||Guirassy misses FE. (27′), Red vs Suhonen (69′)|
After a dream start: VfB Stuttgart clearly beats HSV in the relegation first leg
Substitute Suhonen was red carded for a brutal foul with 20 minutes left. The second leg in Hamburg will take place next Monday (June 5) at 8:45 p.m.
VfB Stuttgart wins the first leg of the relegation against Hamburger SV – the ticker to read
Final whistle! VfB Stuttgart beat Hamburger SV 3-0 in the first leg of the relegation.
90. Minute: Three minutes are replayed.
89. Minute: Almost the 4:0. Sosa’s flank just heads past Pfeiffer.
83. Minute: A Tomas shot goes wide of the right post.
80. Minute: The Stuttgart now let the ball run. Of course, it’s difficult for HSV to counter that with a man down.
77. Minute: Anton clears a shot from Kittel in front of the line.
73. Minute: Müller lets Galtzel’s degree clap forward from 18 meters. Anton hits the ball away, Königsdorffer then keeps his foot over it.
69. Minute: Suhonen sees red for a brutal foul on Vagnoman.
68. Minute: Double change at VfB: Tomas and Pfeiffer replace Führich and Guirassy.
65. Minute: Königsdörffer is new for Dompe.
60. Minute: First change at HSV: Suhonen replaces Reis.
59. Minute: A free-kick hits the far post at Glatzel, whose header Müller clears for a corner. The best chance for the guests so far.
54 minutes: NOW meets Guirassy! The forward heads in a corner from Sosa!
51 minutes: VfB increases – and that’s well deserved! Lead with a dream pass to Millot, who sees Vagnoman in the middle.
46. Minute: Go on.
VfB Stuttgart leads against Hamburger SV – that’s how the first half went
Break in the Mercedes-Benz Arena. VfB Stuttgart leads ONLY 1-0 against HSV. After the dream start by Mavropanos (1st), the Swabians had numerous great chances – including a missed penalty by Guirassy – to increase. The Hamburgers have to increase powerfully after the change of sides. We’ll get back to you right away!
45. Minute: Three minutes are replayed.
42. Minute: Hamburg is more present now, VfB withdraws a bit before the break.
38. Minute: A shot from Dompe just misses the left post – HSV’s first goal.
32. Minute: The Stuttgarters have to lead higher here. Hamburg continues to have major problems.
29. Minute: Again Fernandes! This time he clears against Führich.
27. Minute: Guirassy starts – and fails at Fernandes!
24. Minute: Reis fouls Millot on the edge of the penalty area – there are penalties for Stuttgart!
23 minutes: Guirassy runs alone to Fernandes, but the HSV keeper suspects the corner – the big chance to make it 2-0!
17. Minute: The early stages clearly belonged to the Swabians. HSV is not involved at all here.
16. Minute: Reis is cautioned for a foul on Millot.
14. Minute: Mavropanos needs treatment but can continue.
9. Minute: A good shot by Führich from a tight angle – Fernandes clears for a corner.
8. Minute: A first cross from Heyer clearly goes over the goal.
4. Minute: How does HSV react to this shock?
1st minute: Dream start for VfB! Mavropanos heads in a corner after 47 seconds!
1. Minute: The game is running.
Relegation LIVE! VfB Stuttgart vs Hamburger SV Lineups
8 p.m.: The lineups of both teams are there. At VfB Stuttgart there are two changes compared to the 1-1 draw against Hoffenheim: goalkeeper Bredlow (not in the squad) did not get fit in time and will be replaced by Müller, and Millot will also start for Silas (bench). There are also two changes at HSV: Reis and Jatta are replacing Benes (injured) and Königsdörffer (bank).
Line-up VfB Stuttgart: F. Muller – Mavropanos, Anton, Ito – Vagnoman, Karazor, W. Endo, Sosa, Millot, Führich – Guirassy
Lineup Hamburger SV: Heuer Fernandes – Heyer, David, Schonlau, Muheim – Meffert, Reis, Kittel – Jatta, Glatzel, Dompé
VfB Stuttgart fears relegation against HSV for the use of goalkeeper Bredlow
Update from May 31, 3:35 p.m: Before the first leg in the relegation to stay in the Bundesliga against Hamburger SV, coach Sebastian Hoeneß from VfB Stuttgart cannot yet give the all-clear to regular goalkeeper Fabian Bredlow. “If he can play, it will be a precision landing. We have to see that, we’ll take our time,” said the coach one day before the duel in Stuttgart.
“In the event that he doesn’t get fit, Florian Müller is ready.” 1:1 against TSG Hoffenheim last Saturday pulled a knee ligament tear, but then played anyway. It looks better with Dan-Axel Zagadou. However, the centre-back, who was sidelined with a foot injury, is unlikely to be an option for the starting XI. “I can already give the tendency that the game might come a bit too early,” says Hoeneß.
Relegation between VfB Stuttgart and HSV: Who is the referee in the first leg?
Update from May 31, 9:40 am: That is managed First leg in the relegation between VfB Stuttgart and Hamburger SV by referee Tobias Welz from Wiesbaden. His assistants are Martin Thomsen and Mark Borsch. Frank Willenborg is the fourth official, and Guido Winkmann is the video assistant.
VfB Stuttgart against Hamburger SV: first leg in the relegation in the live ticker
first report: In the relegation to the Bundesliga, VfB Stuttgart meets Hamburger SV. While the Swabians ended the Bundesliga season in 16th place, HSV finished third in the 2nd Bundesliga. The first leg takes place on Thursday (June 1) at 8:45 p.m. in the Mercedes-Benz Arena in Stuttgart.
The Stuttgarters last had to go into relegation in 2019, when they lost to 1. FC Union Berlin. For HSV it is already the second relegation participation in a row. Last year, Hertha BSC prevailed after the first and second leg. (mab)
VfB Stuttgart clearly beats HSV in the relegation first leg
#VfB #Stuttgart #beats #HSV #relegation #leg