A passenger bus caught fire at 11 am this Tuesday, in the middle of Cabos d’Avila road, in Alfragide, Amadora. The incident caused no injuries. Amadora firefighters are on site.
According to a police source, the engine has overheated. Several passengers and the driver were on the Vimeca company bus, who got out safely when they heard a loud noise coming from the engine. The driver even managed to stop the bus at the stop.
The flames caused total destruction of the vehicle and damage to the stop.
The road is conditioned.