Release date: 04/16/2021
Sponsored by: County Emergency Management Department
The National Weather Service issued a Red Alert
The National Weather Service issued an Alert, which will be in effect at 11 am until 10 pm today. An Alert means that there are weather conditions conducive to fires, high winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures.
Please avoid fires –
- If you see smoke or flame, call 911 immediately.
- Do not use open flames, briquettes, or fireworks of any kind.
- Never mow dry grass on a red flag warning day.
- Do not park or drive vehicles on dry grass.
- Keep flammable objects (lawnmowers, oil or gas cans, propane tanks, and wood stacks) at least 30 feet from the home at all times.
- Keep roofs, gutters, decks, and patios free of leaves, pine needles, or other flammable items.
Also, the Washington County Fire Defense Board has enacted a ban on dangerous burns.
Philip L Bransford, Public Information Officer