On a day like today Octavio Paz wins the Nobel Prize for Literature and the International Day of the Girl begins to be celebrated. Discover the most important ephemeris of today October 11, the saint that is celebrated, the sign of the zodiac that corresponds to it and what happened one day like today around the world. Is it the birthday of a famous person?
Discover what happened on a day like today October 11, be it a couple of years, decades or centuries ago. Besides of saints, the births, famous birthday, Signs of the zodiac and deaths. You will be surprised to know that on a day like today, in different years: Octavio Paz wins the Nobel Prize for Literature, the rapper Cardi B is born and the International Day of the Girl begins to be celebrated every October 11.
Knowing these data will make you a much more interesting person. In addition, the most important historical events of the calendar of Mexico and the world, will allow you to understand more of the present that we live. While the ephemeris are the ideal way to be informed about the characters that had a preponderant role in the development of life as we know it.
Whether to surprise your friends with a curious fact of the day, find out if your birthday O Zodiac sign matches that of a famous person or to find out why there is some regional celebration according to the saints. Take note:
What is celebrated today October 11?
What happened in Mexico on October 11?
- 1876: The General Porfirio Díaz revolts against President Sebastián Lerdo de Tejada, to which it then happens.
- 1990: The Mexican Octavio Paz wins the Nobel Prize in Literature.
What saints are celebrated today 11 October?
- San Juan XXIII Papa
- Anastasio de Schemaris
- Bruno of Lotharingia
- Irish Canic
- Philip deacon
- Gaudencio about Radzi
- Gumaro de Lier
- Santino of Verdun
- Sarmatia of Thebaid
- Maria Soledad Torres Acosta
Horoscope: What zodiac sign is a person who was born on 11 October?
Those born between September 24 and October 22 have the Zodiac sign libra at Horoscope, ruled by the planet Venus. The seventh sign of the zodiac is represented by the image of the balance. Next to Gemini and Aquarius they belong to Air element.
Events of October 11: What happened on a day like today?
- 1811 – In Chile, thanks to the initiative of Manuel de Salas, the Law of Freedom of Wombs is created, which makes Chile the second country in the world (after France) to legislate against slavery.
- 1852 – The University of Sydney, the oldest university in that country, is inaugurated in Australia.
- 1890 – En Washington, se funda la Daughters of the American Revolution.
- 1958 – In the United States, NASA launches the Pioneer 1 lunar test; however the ship fails and returns to Earth.
- 1995 – Mexican Mario Molina wins the Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- 1997 – In Madrid (Spain) the renovation of the Teatro Real is inaugurated, once again converted into an opera theater.
- 2012 – Pope Benedict XVI opens the Year of Faith, on the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the Second Vatican Council and the twentieth anniversary of the publication of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
- 2020 – In France, Rafael Nadal won the Roland Garros tournament amid the CoVid-19 pandemic. With this victory he reached Roger Federer in Grand Slam titles.
Celebrities who have their 11th birthday October
- Emily Deschanel, American actress (Bones) – Born October 11, 1976 (age 45)
- Brandon Flynn, American actor and producer (Justin Foley in the Netflix series 13 Reasons Why) – Born on October 11, 1993 (age 28)
- Matt Bomer, American film and television actor – Born October 11, 1977 (age 44)
- Luke Perry, American actor and producer (Dylan McKay in the series Beverly Hills, 90210) – Born on October 11, 1966 and passed away on March 4, 2019
- Cardi B, American singer and rapper – Born on October 11, 1992 (age 29)
Athletes who have a birthday on October 11
- 1962- Gustavo Luza, Argentine tennis player.
- 1967- Mario Salas, Chilean soccer coach.
- 1970- Andy Marriott, British footballer.
- 1971- Jason Ellis, skateboarder australiano.
- 1974- Héctor Berenguel, Spanish soccer player.
- 1977- Desmond Mason, American basketball player.
- 1980- Nyron Nosworthy, British footballer.
- 1982- Terrell Suggs, American football player.
- 1982- Mauricio Victorino, Uruguayan soccer player.
- 1985- Álvaro Fernández, Uruguayan soccer player.
- 1987- Mike Conley, Jr., American basketball player.
- 1987- Pablo Mouche, Argentine footballer.
- 1987- Tony Beltran, American soccer player.
- 1988- Omar González, American soccer player.
Who else was born an 11 October?
- 1844- Henry John Heinz, American businessman (d. 1916).
- 1884- Eleanor Roosevelt, American politician, wife of Franklin D. Roosevelt (f. 1962).
- 1925- Luis González y González, Mexican historian (f. 2003).
- 1941- Lester Bowie, American trumpeter and composer (f. 1999).
- 1951- Jean-Jacques Goldman, French singer and songwriter.
- 1962 – Joan Cusack, American actress.
- 1963- Ronny Rosenthal, Israeli footballer.
- 1963- Jordi Villacampa, Spanish basketball player and manager.
- 1965- Juan Ignacio Cirac Sasturain, Spanish physicist.
- 1965- Orlando Hernández, Cuban baseball player.
- 1965- Sean Patrick Flanery, American actor.
- 1965- Luke Perry, actor estadounidense (f. 2019).
- 1966- Rikishi, American wrestler.
- 1967- Tazz, American wrestler.
- 1967- Tony Chimel, American sportscaster.
- 1991- Toby Fox, American video game composer and developer.
Who died on October 11?
- 1982 – Humberto “Coquito” Ortiz, Argentine actor and screenwriter (b. 1933).
- 1991 – Redd Foxx, American comedian (n. 1922)
- 1999 – Oscar Valicelli, Argentine actor (b.1915).
- 2012 – Helmut Haller, German footballer (b.1939).
- 2012 – Édgar Negret, Colombian sculptor (b.1920).
- 2013 – María de Villota, Spanish Formula 1 driver (b.1980).
- 2013 – Leopoldo González Sáenz, Mexican lawyer and politician (b.1924).
- 2014 – Carmelo Simeone, Argentine soccer player (b.1934).
- 2019 – Alekséi Leonov, Soviet-Russian cosmonaut (b.1935).
- 2019 – Robert Forster, American actor (b.1941).
- 2020 – Hugo Arana, Argentine actor (b.1943).