What are the different appointments planned in Haute-Garonne to donate blood? Summer is coming and theFrench Blood Establishment is appealing for donations throughout France. The reason ? Blood supplies are too low.
We need 110,000 blood bags by mid-July
To understand the summer period, the EFS publishes a vital emergency bulletin. In the latter, the finding is as follows: France must find “a stock level of 110,000 blood bags by mid-July”. This Wednesday, June 29, 2022, this said stock is now less than 90,000 blood bags. It is a “critical situation” on the eve of the holidays and the establishment fears the danger “in the short term to treat patients”.
Yet donors were present for World Blood Donor Day, but not in sufficient numbers according to theEFS. This mobilization was not “sufficient to reverse a trend of weak mobilization, marked by the still very present impacts of the health crisis, and combined with the strong heat wave observed in recent weeks”, explains the establishment.
Namely that at present, “10,000 donations are needed every day to treat patients, for whom blood transfusions are the only alternative to be treated”, explains theEFS.
Meetings in Haute-Garonne
To respond to this emergency, many meetings are organized throughout the summer in Haute-Garonne. Here is where to donate blood in the department:
- At the Launaguet village hall on June 30 and July 1 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and July 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.;
- At the foyer de l’Aussonnelle in Cornebarrieu, July 1 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.;
- At the Jean Ferrat space in Roquettes, July 4 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- At Espace Gravette in Saint-Lys, July 5 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- At the Fenouillet village hall, July 6 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.;
- At the Bouloc village hall, July 6 and 7 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.;
- At the village hall of Aussonne, July 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- At the Salle du Tamtam in Nailloux, July 8 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.;
- At the barns of the seniors’ area in Saint-Jean, July 8 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.;
- At the Léguevin multipurpose room, July 11 and 12 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- At the covered courtyard room in Villeneuve-Tolosane, July 11 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.;
- At the village hall of Saint-Alban, July 12 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.;
- At the Salle du Lac in Castanet-Tolosan, July 13 from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m.;
- At the rural center of Saint-Jory, July 15 from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.;
- And at the Espace G. Philippe in Fronton, July 15 from 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. and July 16 from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
More information on the website of l’EFS.