THE world of celebrity cooking has a newly crowned champion.
Of the 20 hopeful celebrities who took part in this year’s Celebrity MasterChef, only one managed to overcome all the odds and rise to the top of the competition.
Lisa Snowdon has been named the 2022 Celebrity Masterchef Champion[/caption]
Who won the Celebrity MasterChef 2022?
After five intense weeks of heats, semi-finals and the final week of cooking challenges, one celebrity managed to beat all competitors in the kitchen and received the trophy from judges Gregg Wallace and John Torode.
Lisa Snowdon was crowned this year’s Celebrity MasterChef champion.
In the latest episode, the radio host and former model had two hours to present an impeccable three-course meal and show off her skills to impress the judges.
Lisa once again proved herself by presenting a winning menu – a starter of poached rhubarb and seared mackerel, followed by the main course of duck breast with mushrooms and cavolo nero, and a chocolate tart to finish.
After winning the contest, Lisa said, “Honestly, I’m so blown away.
“It’s such a life-changing experience. I feel like it’s not real!
LEARN MORE ABOUT CELEB MASTERCHEF
Celebrity MasterChef’s Lisa Snowdon breaks down in tears after elimination
YES OFF !
Celebrity MasterChef viewers ‘felt sick’ as Melanie Blatt serves dish
” I can not believe it. I couldn’t have wanted to win something that meant more to me than that.
“I can’t wait to tell my mum, my dad and my nephew. I’m on cloud nine. I like it I like it!”
Both judges were impressed with Lisa’s mastery in the kitchen, praising her bold choices and risk-taking.
John Torode said: “Throughout this competition Lisa has taken the everyday and elevated it into something special.
“That final, she dared to do something that was going to be a gamble, and the gamble paid off.
“His food is fantastic.”
Gregg Wallace added: “The weak heart never lifts a MasterChef title and that’s why Lisa is our Celebrity MasterChef Champion.”
Who was in the Celebrity MasterChef finale?
The Celeb MasterChef 2022 final saw Lisa Snowden go head-to-head with McFly star Danny Jones and All Saints singer Melanie Blatt.
Alongside the three-course menu challenge, the celebrities were also tasked with preparing a special occasion at Alexandra Palace in north London, home of the first-ever live public service TV show.
As 2022 marks 100 years of the BBC, celebrities were expected to create a stunning afternoon tea for twelve iconic names from the worlds of TV, radio and journalism.
Then, back in MasterChef’s kitchen, they each had to create an exceptional dish inspired by their childhood.
In the penultimate episode, they took on the Chef’s Table, hosted by legendary Italian chef Giorgio Locatelli at his Mayfair restaurant Locanda Locatelli.
The celebrities had to impress four pioneers of Italian cuisine in the UK – Francesco Mazzei, Jacob Kenedy, Masha Rener and Theo Randall.
From sweetbreads to Italian desserts, the three contestants managed to impress the expert chefs ahead of the final.
Who took part in the Celebrity MasterChef 2022?
At the start of this year’s competition, twenty celebrities competed against the judges in a bid to prove themselves as the best chef in the MasterChef kitchen.
Each week, John and Gregg had to decide who should hang up their aprons and leave the competition.
Learn more about the sun
The 5 key factors that determine if YOU will develop fatal type 2 diabetes
I’m being trolled for dressing my son like a girl – there’s nothing wrong with his clothes
Besides the three finalists, here is who also participated in the Celebrity MasterChef 2022:
- EastEnders actor Cliff Parisi, also known for his roles in Call The Midwife and EastEnders – remaining in finals week
- Drag star Kitty Scott-Claus, best known for her appearance on season three of Ru Paul’s Drag Race – remaining in finals week
- Reality TV star Faye Winter, who shot to fame while living in ITV’s Love Island villa – stay in semi-final three
- Former footballer Jimmy Bullard, who appeared on I’m A Celebrity in 2014 – left in semi-final two
- Birds of a Feather actress Lesley Joseph – remaining in the semi-finals
- Former Corrie star Ryan Thomas – left in quarter-final round four
- Professional dancer Katya Jones, who was on Strictly in 2016 – left in round four
- Presenter and activist Adam Pearson – left in round four
- Actor Richard Blackwood, who played Vincent Hubbard on BBC soap opera EastEnders – left in the third quarter-final of the round
- Sports presenter Kirsty Gallacher – left in round three
- The Wire actor Clarke Peters – left in round three
- Choral director Gareth Malone – left inside Heat two quarter-finals
- Former boxer Chris Eubank – left in the second run
- Reality star Queen MoJo, who shot to fame after starring in ITV2’s Peckham’s Finest – left in the second run
- Comedian Paul Elliott, best known for his duet with his late brother Barry, known as the Chuckle Brothers – stay in a quarter-final innings
- British-Kurdish comedian and writer Kae Kurd – left in the first inning
- Socialite Nancy Dell’Olio, who first came to public attention as the girlfriend of football manager Sven-Göran Eriksson – left in the first inning