archyworldys

Will BVB get a world star to replace Haller?


Köln –

Despite the effects of the corona pandemic, the football clubs are trying to improve their sporting skills. We take a look at the most important changes and rumors in the Bundesliga and in the top European leagues.

+++ First Ronaldo, now Suárez: Again Bundesliga rumor about Star +++

After Cristiano Ronaldo at Bayern, another older star player is said to have been offered to a Bundesliga club. According to a “Sky” report, Luis Suárez, who is currently without a club and 35 years old, was brought up for discussion at Borussia Dortmund. The reason for this is the tumor disease of new signing Sébastien Haller and the resulting need for personnel on the offensive. The BVB managers did not comment on Wednesday at the training camp in Bad Ragaz, in the afternoon “Sport1” also reported on the big name.

Suárez had last played for Spanish club Atlético Madrid and was previously employed at Liverpool FC in England and Madrid rivals FC Barcelona. The Uruguayan is regarded as a world star in his home country and has won numerous titles with his clubs.

After Haller’s illness became known, BVB Managing Director Hans-Joachim Watzke emphasized not to “fall into hecticness and activism”. From my point of view, it is a moral and ethical problem. We mustn’t speculate about a player’s health before there are crystal-clear diagnoses,” said Watzke. “And it will be a few days before that happens.” Haller had been hired as Erling Haaland’s successor.

Like Watzke, coach Edin Terzic also referred to Haller’s upcoming examinations, which should provide more detailed information about the severity of the illness: “We don’t know exactly how long the downtime will be.”
Ronaldo (37 / Manchester United) is said to have been offered to Bayern this summer because of the departure of world footballer Robert Lewandowski to FC Barcelona. CEO Oliver Kahn ended the speculation early. “As much as I appreciate Cristiano Ronaldo as one of the greatest, a transfer would not fit into our philosophy,” Kahn told Kicker in early July.

+++ Manchester City: Guardiola denies connections to Neymar +++

Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola has denounced rumors of Brazilian Neymar’s upcoming signing as “untrue”. The French newspaper Le Parisien had previously reported that Man City were interested in the Paris Saint-Germain midfield star. “I’m sorry for Le Parisien, but that’s not true. Your information that there are connections is wrong,” Guardiola said in Houston, where the team is on a US summer tour.

Man City-Trainer Pep Guardiola

Neymar is “an incredible player,” said Guardiola, “and according to my information, he’s an incredibly nice guy. But that (rumor) isn’t correct.” Referring to the fact that Manchester City are linked with numerous players before each season, Guardiola sarcastically added: “Every summer they say Manchester City will buy 150 players.”

+++ Does Favre Gladbach-Keeper lure summer to Nice? +++

Goalkeeper Yann Sommer may be about to drop out after eight years with Bundesliga club Borussia Mönchengladbach. According to media reports, OGC Nice and former Gladbach coach Lucien Favre are said to be very interested in the Swiss national goalkeeper.

The reported “L’Equipe”. According to French journalist Fabrice Hawkins, the 33-year-old has even agreed verbally with the Ligue 1 club on the contractual terms for a possible change.

Yann Sommer BMG 020622

Yann Sommer has been a goalkeeper at Borussia Mönchengladbach for eight years.

Favre had said at his presentation earlier in the week that he was looking for a new keeper after Walter Benitez had moved to PSV Eindhoven. Sommer’s contract in Gladbach runs until 2023. The club could only achieve transfer proceeds if there was a change this summer.

According to information from the “Bild” newspaper, Nice and Favre are also interested in Gladbach strikers Alassane Plea and Marcus Thuram. Favre had recently been about to return to Borussia, but then canceled and went to Nice a second time instead.

Trending