The trade union verdi draws attention to the international day of nurses on Thursday with numerous activities. Several institutions in the region are also taking part in the campaign. The Klinikum Würzburg Mitte and the Juliusspital Foundation in Würzburg, for example, organize an active lunch break – this draws attention to the poor working conditions in nursing. In addition, the Würzburg University Hospital and the Main-Spessart Clinic are organizing a photo campaign.
Verdi criticizes that, despite promises in the government’s coalition agreement, the lack of staff in the nursing professions has not changed. The union demands better working conditions, reliable rosters and fair wages. Even in geriatric care, there have been no improvements in the everyday work of employees to date. According to verdi, there is a need for binding and nationwide uniform staffing that is consistently geared to the need for care.
- Foundation Juliusspital & Klinikum Würzburg MitteJuliuspromenade 19,
97070 Würzburg, active lunch break (main entrance on Köllikerstrasse),
between 12:00 p.m. and 1:30 p.m
- University Clinic Würzburg, Josef-Schneider-Str. 2, 97080 Würzburg: Photo campaign (in front of the ZOM), around 2:00 p.m
- AWO geriatric rehabilitation clinic in WürzburgKantstr. 45, 97074 Würzburg,
Stand in the entrance area, fruit and muesli bars
- district hospital Lohr, Am Sommerberg, 97816 Lohr: Photo campaign
- House of the seniors AWO MarktbreitMarktbreit: photo campaign
- Clinic Main-Spessart, Grafen-von-Rieneck-Str. 5, 97816 Lohr: Photo campaign
- Diakonisches Werk Würzburg, Ev. St. Paul Residential Conventat the Jahnhöhe 4,
97084 Würzburg: photo campaign