JAKARTA, KOMPAS TV – Member of the Indonesian House of Representatives, Fadli Zon, strongly criticized the Ministry of Religion (Kemenag) regarding the decision to cancel the 2021 hajj.
Unmitigated, Fadli said that this was history for the first time that Indonesia had not sent a congregation to the Holy Land since the days of the Dutch East Indies.
“Since the time of the Dutch East Indies, it seems that it is only now that we do not go on a pilgrimage. The approach with the Saudis must be special, not arrogant and must be the right person who can speak Arabic and is friendly,” wrote Fadli on the Twitter account @fadlizon, Friday (4/6/2021) .
Also Read: Andi Arief: The President, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Minister of Finance must also explain the issue of Hajj Cancel 2021
The Gerindra Party politician said that if relations between Indonesia and Saudi Arabia are good, there should still be a proportional quota for the people of the country. Then, President Joko Widodo can call King Salman so that the Indonesian congregation can still carry out the worship of the fifth pillar of Islam.
“If RI-Saudi Arabia relations are very good, there should still be a proportional quota of our prospective pilgrims. Maybe the President can call King Salman. But if the Minister of Religion makes a “surprised” statement, it means that there are communication problems and other serious problems. Moreover, Malaysia will get additional quota,” said Fadli.
Previously, Minister of Religion Yaqut Cholil Qoumas said that the government had decided to cancel the departure of hajj pilgrims during the 1442 H/2021 M pilgrimage for Indonesian citizens using the Indonesian hajj quota and other hajj quotas.