Place d’Europe: a new City Stadium (22 x 11 m) and new facilities for the playgrounds
The City Council voted to set up a City Stade, Place d’Europe, on the municipal land located in the heart of the Europe district in order to offer children and adolescents a multisport playground (football, basketball, handball) , friendly and practicable all year round. The City’s project, with a budget of € 300,000, provides for the installation of multisport equipment measuring 22 meters by 11 meters, instead of the current training area.
The City Stade will include
- a rigid metal structure closed on all four sides, 3 meters high with panels limiting noise pollution, raised by 2 meters in flexible mesh on the four sides of the field,
- 2 basketball backboards with metal mesh,
- 2 buts,
- an asphalt floor with a painted pattern,
- a pedestrian path on the outskirts of the play area approximately 1.50 meters wide,
- sit-stand bars outside the field,
- a side access door to close the site,
- two 8-meter lighting poles with spotlights, including a programmable cut-off system,
- an 8-meter-high mast allowing the installation of an urban video-protection device to complete the equipment on Place Hermès and in front of the Bosquets residence.
The City Stade will be operational during the month of August.
Concurrently with the establishment of the City Stadium by the City, the SEM Obernai Habitat will proceed, this fall, to the complete renovation of the playground adjacent to this new equipment and under its property.
- Two play areas for children up to 12 years old
- The spaces will be completely redesigned and will include:
- An area (220m²) for children from 1 to 6 years old, with baby cradle, multi-activity structure, and balancing course, spring games and children’s picnic table in particular.
- An area (348m²) for children aged 6 to 12, with a multi-activity mega-structure, double swings and angel’s nest, trampoline and play equipment completing the large structure.
- The floor of the two play areas will be completely covered with poured soil and the two areas will be equipped with benches with three picnic tables installed in the green spaces.
The elected officials of the Municipal Children’s Council will be invited to participate in the selection of play equipment for the 6-12 year old area.