Electric shock in the supermarket: How do you atone for the death of a little boy?

Electric shock in the supermarket: How do you atone for the death of a little boy?

David B. (37) happened to meet his two children after work on the street and took them shopping. Only one thing he could take home again: His four-year-old son Jonathan died in the supermarket on an electric shock. Yesterday began before the district court Harburg the trial of the shopkeepers.

With a tearful voice, Makbull B., Jonathan's aunt, describes her feelings before the trial begins: "Our boy is out of life forever, but we want judgment for what happened." Outside the court she lays flowers down, take them with her She is not allowed to enter the hall.

Aunt Makbull B. was not allowed to bring the flowers into the room.

Aunt Makbull B. was not allowed to bring the flowers into the room.

The operators Türkan D. (48) and Erol A. (44) are said to have improperly installed a power line of an LED transformer, either themselves or through a third party. So stream should have flowed over a metal railing next to the cash register, which later touched the boy during shopping and got a fatal blow.

At the beginning of the trial, Jonathan's father describes the day when the family's life changed forever: He went to the supermarket on June 1, 2016 after working as a bricklayer with his two sons, Luca and Jonathan. The younger son had sat in the car seat of the shopping cart, the older had put on the device for crates.

"His lips turned blue"

When the 37-year-old at the checkout put the goods on the tape, Jonathan asked if he could go in front of the car. "Yes," he answered. Then be quiet.

When David A. looked after him, Jonathan hung motionless on the railing. One foot of the boy is said to have gotten caught in the shopping cart. His head was on his arm. His eyes were wide open, "says the father, while in the courtroom several relatives sob. Even David A. has to interrupt his statement again and again, to swallow the tears.

Sevnic B., the mother of the dead boy

Sevnic B., the mother of the dead boy

"I immediately thought that was the current and then tried to free him." He had himself received an electric shock: "My hand began to tingle and became numb."

With a lot of strength, he finally managed to free his son, who gave only a rattle: "Before his last breath, his lips began to turn blue."

Defense wants acquittal

At the beginning no one should have responded to cries for help, only later should a randomly present doctor have helped to bring Jonathan into a stable lateral position and to call an ambulance.

In the UKE, Jonathan died of cardiovascular failure one day later. Already on-site one would have detected the brain death, so far right physician Axel Heinemann, who carried out the autopsy.

The hearing will continue on 8 November, including the hearing of a technical expert to clarify the issue of negligence. The defense had previously suggested that she seeks acquittal for her clients. However, this may not be understood by the boy's family as a sign of lack of compassion.

,

Leave a comment

Send a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.