What you may have missed between last night and this morning
1. Tennis – Masters Paris-Bercy: Djokovic is well launched, the French remain on the landing
It was not a day to put a Habs on the court. Jérémy Chardy, Benoit Paire, Pierre-Hugues Herbert, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga … All took the door of the Paris tournament in the first round. At least Tsonga was somewhat reassured by hooking Milos Raonic before yielding in three tie-breaks. Novak Djokovic did not experience this kind of trouble, easily qualified for the knockout stages after his victory over Portugal's Joao Sousa (7-5, 6-1).
2. Football – League Cup: The dolphins of the PSG pass the trap, Strasbourg and Nantes chained
Christophe Galtier thought he would do well by aligning a remodeled eleven in Strasbourg, he finally went astray. Lille, dolphin of the PSG in Ligue 1, fell in the round of 16 on the lawn of Strasbourg (2-0) which confirms its good start to the season. Damage to the Dams, while the final will be held in their stadium. It was definitely not the evening of the cadors of the beginning of the season, since Montpellier, 3rd of Ligue 1, is also out, beaten by Nantes (0-3) definitely in better shape.
3. Football: Genesio on Depay, Tebas on PSG … It was the day of the punchline
The football world had released its sharpest sentences on Tuesday. In Lyon, Bruno Genesio would have, according to RMC Sport, released the card of irony to restore Memphis Depay, frustrated with his role at OL in recent weeks. And this in front of the whole locker room. "I want to apologize Memphis for all your delays […] and your lack of involvement. Memphis, to have a good career, it takes humility "Other issues, even gall on the side of Javier Tebas, the boss of La Liga still angry by the PSG which he simply asked … the exclusion of the League Champions. "Financial Fair Play says that when you cheat in a competition, you have to be excluded. That's why he exists."A sweet new word in the now long history between Tebas and the capital club.
We also selected for you
- Basketball – NBA : Tony Parker went back the clock tonight with 24 points and 11 assists (in 25 minutes) in Charlotte's Miami win (113-125). Diverse fortunes for contenders: Boston, Toronto and Oklahoma City have won, not Houston or Washington, both in great trouble since the beginning of the season. Cleveland signed his first win of the season (136-114 against Atlanta), two days after separating from his coach Tyronn Lue.
- Volleyball – Champions League : The Chaumont volleyball players clinched their ticket for the third round of the competition after their 3-0 win (25-16, 25-22, 25-20) on Tuesday against the Spaniards Teruel in the second round.
- Basketball – NBA : Retired since the end of last season, Manu Ginobili will see his number 20 retired by the San Antonio Spurs. A ceremony will be held occasionally by the Texas franchise on March 28 in the match against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
- Football – King's Cup : Atletico Madrid has quite logically imposed on the field of the club of fourth Spanish division, Sant Andreu (1-0), in the round of 32 first leg. Levante, however, was held in check (1-1) in Lugo (2nd division). Valencia was a little scared, led 1-0 by Ebro (D3) in the 62nd minute, before recovering to finally prevail (1-2).
- Football – German Cup Bayern Munich managed (1-2 at SV Rödinghausen, D4 club) to qualify for the knockout stages of the German Cup on Tuesday, like all major Bundesliga clubs.
The morning hug Tweet, offered by Simone Biles and the American team of gym, world champion by teams
The catch-up video
What you will not miss today
1. Tennis – Masters Paris-Bercy: Federer returns to the capital, Nadal watches over the grain (from 11am)
Those who took their tickets for this Wednesday are sacred lucky! The program of the day is magnificent with the culmination of the return of Roger Federer, who has not played in Paris since 2015 and will face Milos Raonic. Before him, Rafael Nadal will also compete, against his compatriot Fernando Verdasco with the goal of keeping his place as world number one as long as possible. Among the French, Adrian Mannarino (against Nishikori), Richard Gasquet (against Sock) and Gilles Simon (against Thiem) have the honors of the central.
2. Football – League Cup: 7 matches simultaneously (from 18:45)
League 1 was missing already? The multiplex is already back! Eight matches will be played today with Nice – Auxerre in the preamble and seven meetings at 21:05 including Nimes, Saint-Etienne, Guingamp – Angers and Dijon – Caen for the shocks of the elite. Also watch Metz Amiens or Toulouse – Lorient between teams in difficulty in Ligue 1 and training top table in the antechamber.
3. Football – Solari premiere at Real, Lampard return to Stamford Bridge … big European evening in perspective (from 18h30)
You will probably miss screens if you like European football. Following the 16th final of the King's Cup in Spain with the first match of Real Madrid (in Melilla, D3, at 19:30) since the ouster of Julen Lopetegui and the provisional appointment of Santiago Solari. Barça plays at 9:30 pm on the lawn of Cultural Leonesa (D3). In the Cup, the evening will be marked by the return of Frank Lampard to Chelsea with his Derby County team (8:45 pm). Arsenal and Tottenham will also be on the bridge. Also watch Milan in Serie A against Genoa, or Dortmund in DFB-Pokal.
4. Football – Women's Champions League: OL and PSG to confirm (from 19.00)
After their success in the 1 / 8th finals, Lyon and Paris have the opportunity to validate their home ticket for the Top 8 European. OL, winner 0-4 in the first meeting, receives Ajax Amsterdam (19h00), one hour before PSG rubs at Linköpings FC, beaten 0-2 in the first leg.