Reporting to the General Manager, the Plant Manager is part of the management team. He supervises and ensures all production and maintenance operations in his sector according to established standards and objectives. He determines the strategic objectives of his department according to the vision, mission and values of the organization. It develops and improves technical standards, specifications and quality assurance systems to optimize processes. He adheres to the principles of the company by adopting a behavior oriented towards health and safety, the environment and sustainable development.
▪ Promote a corporate culture focused on health and safety, the environment and sustainable development
▪ Lead all departments of the crushing plant and concentrator
▪ Manage all human, financial and material resources assigned to his sector in order to optimize the production, performance and organization of his department
▪ Develop, implement and monitor short and long term plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving assigned process plant priorities
▪ Plan and manage the department’s budget, ensure sound management of operating costs and expenses and produce the relevant reports
▪ Prepare the required reports such as monthly reports, cost analysis, monitoring of performance indicators, etc.
▪ Ensures the implementation of an equipment maintenance program to maximize operating times and the integrity of the plant
▪ Anticipate operational, technical and health & safety challenges and take the necessary measures to prevent and solve them by adopting a creative and continuous improvement approach
▪ Contribute to the strategic planning of the company in order to promote competitiveness, profitability and growth of the company
▪ Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, work processes, policies, systems and procedures to achieve annual goals and objectives and work standards
▪ Manage staff, evaluate performance and see to employee development
▪ Guides and develops the plant according to the business plan and company objectives
▪ Establish the objectives and KPIs of his department and ensure their follow-up
▪ Participate in the Management and Executive Committee
▪ Collaborate with other services/departments to assess, develop and implement procedures, proactive best practices in order to achieve collective objectives
▪ Performs all other tasks required by his superior
▪ University degree in metallurgical engineering, chemical engineering or any other combination of relevant studies
▪ 10 years of experience in a management position, preferably in the mineral processing sector
▪ Experience in implementing best operating practices
▪ Have a broad knowledge of process plant equipment, methods and procedures
▪ Being a member in good standing of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec would be an asset
▪ Good computer skills and the Microsoft Office suite
▪ Bilingualism an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
▪ Demonstrate leadership (managerial courage, competence and integrity) and a strategic vision
▪ Act as a leader by implementing a culture of continuous improvement and bring, in a positive way, the management of change
▪ Be rigorous, organized and have a very good sense of planning
▪ Ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing organizational context
▪ Have the ability to make effective and quick decisions, rigorously analyze problems, provide ingenious solutions, strategically plan and complete various projects
▪ Adaptability and openness to change
▪ Positive leadership in addition to possessing excellent listening skills
▪ Good communication skills, both oral and written (French and English)
▪ Place of work: La Corne on the North America Lithium mining site
▪ Flexibility: Schedule 5/2 or 5/2-4/3 or 4/3
▪ Annual bonus and production bonus; we celebrate our successes as a team
▪ Transportation allowance
▪ Very competitive group insurance and pension fund
▪ 8 floating holidays to use each year as you see fit
▪ Professional development, training and opportunity for advancement
▪ A warm and dynamic team waiting for you
Does this post appeal to you?
Are you looking for new challenges? Submit your application now at https://www.sayona.ca/emplois/ before May 22, 2022.
Hope to meet you!
It should be noted that the masculine gender has been used in the job description in order to lighten the text. Regardless of your gender, your application will be treated with integrity and professionalism.
Lithium North America thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.