After 10 years, a Manchester City legend is on the way out and will be immortalised with a statue.
In other news, Manchester United are getting desperate in the chase for Jordan Sancho and three clubs are circling a Crystal Palace star.
Here is the latest Rumour Mill…
Watch European Football with beIN SPORTS and ESPN on Kayo. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
CITY PLAN STATUTE AS SILVA RETURNS TO SPAIN
David Silva has joined Real Sociedad on a two-year contract after leaving Manchester City.
The 34-year-old playmaker was heavily-linked with a switch to Serie A side Lazio.
They were believed to have offered him a luxury home, private plane rides and £50,000-a-week ($A90,000) to tempt him to Italy.
But Sociedad surprised everyone by announcing the City legend was signing for them late on Monday night.
The transfer announcement comes just hours after City announced plans to build a statue of Silva at the Etihad Stadium.
Having signed from Valencia in 2010, Silva made 436 appearances and helped City win 14 trophies.
City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak said: “David is a transformational player, a quiet leader who has inspired everyone around him.
“David’s statue will act as a lasting reminder of the wonderful moments that he gave us, not only as an incredible footballer, but as an inspiring ambassador who represented this football club with great dignity at all times.”
The statue will be unveiled next year along with another tribute dedicated to ex-City captain Vincent Kompany, who left the club last year.
FRESH BLOW IN UNITED’S DESPERATE SANCHO PURSUIT
Manchester United’s hopes of luring Jadon Sancho to Old Trafford appear to have taken another blow.
Borussia Dortmund’s top boss has reportedly hinted they have no need to part with the starlet, who is a top transfer target for the Red Devils.
The Daily Mail claim Dortmund’s CEO believes his club do not have to sell the player to reduce their outgoings.
The London-born starlet’s form has led to his employers placing a whopping £108million ($A196m) price tag on his head.
However, Manchester United are thought to be reluctant to meet the entire eye-watering cost upfront.
Manchester United must reportedly offload a string of players to complete a £108million deal for Jadon Sancho.
The Standard claims Ole Gunnar Solskjaer must part ways with United’s dead weight in order to have sufficient funds this summer.
United are coming round to the idea of forking out £108m for the England star.
But to fund the move, and deals for other expensive signings, they will need to move on a number of fringe players.
Jesse Lingard and Andreas Pereira are two midfielders who have no future under Solskjaer.
But it’s in defence where the axe will swing hardest, with Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, Marcos Rojo and Diogo Dalot all reportedly up for sale.
THREE-WAY BATTLE FOR PALACE STAR
Wilfried Zaha is reportedly set to spark a three-way transfer scrap this summer ahead of his expected Crystal Palace exit.
Sky Sports claim Paris Saint-Germain, Borussia Dortmund and Monaco have all expressed an interest in the Ivorian.
Arsenal and Everton both tried to sign the 27-year-old last summer but were priced out of a move with Palace asking for £80million ($A145m).
Chelsea have also been linked with Zaha, although such talk has faded dramatically since the Blues signed Hakim Ziyech and Timo Werner, whilst also targeting Kai Havertz.
Zaha still has three years left on his contract with the Eagles and is said to be hoping to play for a club in the Champions League.
PSG and Dortmund are both thought to be keeping tabs on him considering uncertainty over the futures of Neymar and Jadon Sancho.
In July, Palace manager Roy Hodgson admitted that there were question marks about Zaha’s future in south London.
He said: “It’s a dilemma for the club and a dilemma for him if he is so set on leaving.
“If he feels he just does not want to be with us any more, that would be sad.
This article first appeared on The Sunand was reproduced with permission.