Comedian Rigmor Galtung changed his diet and exercised too much
Lost 53 kilos: – I became too thin
Through hard training and a healthy diet, Rigmor Galtung has become a new person. But the comedian had to put on weight again to achieve his own weight of well-being.
Rigmor Galtung (53) was out among the people for the first time in a long time at the premiere of Hanne Sørvaag’s performance “Me and Dolly” at Christiania Theater in Oslo earlier this year.
A few days before, she escaped from isolation at home in Tønsberg after being infected with corona.
– That shit came to me too, even though I am triple vaccinated. It’s just that, we’ll all be infected with this virus eventually. I’m still a little slack, unwell and distant, she says to Here and Now.
Also read: After this picture was taken, Ena-Maria and Kenneth have lost a total of 80 kilos by cutting out almost all of the carbohydrates
Lost 53 kilos
Since January last year, the comedian has carried out a very hard training regime, but the sessions came to an abrupt halt when she tested positive for the virus.
– It was absolutely awful not to be able to train properly when I was sick. I lay in bed thinking, “No, I’m gonna have to do some abdominal exercises, then.” But I became so dizzy and nauseous afterwards that I could not continue. Yesterday I managed to walk four kilometers, and then it was home and sleep two hours afterwards. So now I feel like the pounds are just pounding because I’m not moving. I wonder what it would have been like if I had been 45 kilos heavier and received corona. Then it is asked how it had gone with me, she says.
The hard training and a healthier diet have really given results, and Rigmor today appears to be a much slimmer version of himself.
– At most I had lost 53 kilos. Then I was not nice, that is. I became too thin and looked like I was 90 years old. So now I have gained 7-8 kilos, and where I am now is the goal. This is my well-being weight, she smiles.
– What is the biggest difference in your life before and after the lifestyle change?
– Everything is much easier. Now I have a lot more energy, and it is no longer a chore to go up a flight of stairs. That is probably the biggest difference. And then I can finally go shopping for clothes in regular stores. It’s fun that I suddenly have to have size small and medium, she beams.
Also read: (+) “Super pill” sent Anne Marie down 28 kilos. It was the beginning of a better life.
The podcast “From here it can only go down”
Rigmor has shared his experiences with the lifestyle change in the podcast “From here it can only go down”. She hopes to inspire others who want to take control of their own health.
– My best advice is not to get too impatient, but to think that this is something that takes time. One should also think that it is something one does for life. You will never finish taking care of your health, so you need to implement it and make sure it becomes your new lifestyle full time. That it will not just be a diet where you gain weight again as soon as you are done, she points out.
The comedian is certainly not on the side of laziness and can reveal that she and actress colleague Marianne Krogness (70) have a new project underway.
– There will be a tour this autumn, and we are just as stunned and just as single this time, says Rigmor and laughs out loud.