KONTAN.CO.ID – Jakarta. Corona cases in Central Java jumped sharply on Monday (23/11/2020). The number of additional corona cases in Central Java is the highest in Indonesia, beating Jakarta, which has been the epicenter of Covid-19. Recognize positive symptoms of the corona virus and how to prevent it.
Positive confirmed cases of Covid-19 in Indonesia continue to grow, exceeding 500,000 cases. Update on corona virus cases in Indonesia, Monday (23/11/2020), there were 4,442 new cases, so that the total number of positive cases of Covid-19 in Indonesia was 502,110 cases. Positive corona cases in Central Java contributed 1,264 people.
Corona virus cases in Indonesia have now spread in 34 provinces and 505 districts / cities. The public is asked to continue to carry out health protocols so as not to contract Covid-19.
Symptoms of the corona virus
Meanwhile, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) continues to study the symptoms of the coronavirus. According to the CDC, apart from the lungs, many organs are affected by Covid-19. Apart from that, the mode of infection can also affect a person’s health.
Also read: Nissan Grand Livina official car auction, opening price of only IDR 35 million
Launching various sources, November 23, 2020, here are some of the most frequently reported long-term symptoms from positive patients exposed to the corona virus.
According to Nature, fatigue is one of the long-term effects of Covid-19. Over the past nine months, a growing number of people have reported crippling fatigue and malaise after catching the coronavirus.
2. Shortness of breath
A study of 143 people with Covid-19 who had been discharged from hospital in Rome found that 53 percent reported fatigue and 43 percent experienced shortness of breath an average of 2 months after symptoms started. “A study of patients in China showed that 25 percent had abnormal lung function after 3 months and 16 percent were still exhausted,” wrote Nature.
Coughing is the most common persistent symptom seen at the Covid-19 Recovery Clinic at Montefiore Medical Center in New York. Written in the journal JAMA, patients infected with Covid-19 may not necessarily be able to return to their usual condition. Apart from persistent coughing, loss of taste and smell may still occur.
Launching Hardvard Health, the most common symptoms that occur in Covid-19 patients include fatigue, body aches, shortness of breath, difficulty concentrating, headaches, and difficulty sleeping.
5. Chest pain and muscle aches
Long reported symptoms, some people claim to experience severe chest pain along with other body aches. In addition, there are patients who experience sweating or chills, and even digestive problems.
Read also: Beware, this is a sign of disease that appears if you lose weight continuously
6. Difficulty concentrating
Some people have memory and concentration problems. Symptoms include headaches, lack of sleep, anxiety, and other symptoms that take root in the brain. The neurological symptoms that many people with Covid-19 experience for months after the initial infection are known as brain fog.
Launching Kompas.com, March 23, 2020, fever is the most common symptom among patients exposed to the virus.
A study involving nearly 140 patients at the Zhongnan Hospital, Wuhan University, China, identified a distinctive pattern of symptoms related to the Covid-19 corona virus. The research results are as follows:
- About 99 percent of patients experience a high temperature, while more than half experience fatigue and a dry cough
- About a third of patients experience muscle pain and difficulty breathing
- The first symptoms may not appear right after a person is infected
Furthermore, the patient may be infected with the virus without showing symptoms for five or more days. However, when symptoms appear, they can be similar to pneumonia. Covid-19 can get worse over time, which distinguishes it from pneumonia.
What is the daily pattern of symptoms of the Covid-19 corona virus?
- Day 1: The patient has a fever. The patient may also experience fatigue, muscle aches and a dry cough. A minority of them may have had diarrhea or nausea during the previous day or two.
- Day 5: The patient may have difficulty breathing, especially if he is older or has a history of pre-existing illness.
- Day 7: According to a Wuhan University study, day seven is the average time for symptoms to worsen, before the patient is admitted to the hospital.
- Day 8: At this point, patients with severe cases (15 percent, according to China’s CDC) develop acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS), a disease that occurs when fluid collects in the lungs. ARDS is often fatal.
- Day 10: If the patient has worsening symptoms, this will be the time in disease progression when most likely the patient is admitted to the ICU. Patients may experience stomach upset and loss of appetite than patients with milder cases.
- Day 17: On average, people who recover from the virus can be discharged from the hospital after two and a half weeks.
Also read: Discounts of up to IDR 25 million, the prices of Terios, XL-7, BRV, Rush cars, etc. are cheap
Corona prevention measures
To prevent the spread of the corona virus, WHO recommends several things such as
- Wash hands regularly
- Put on the mask properly
- Keep a safe distance
- In addition, it is also advisable to avoid close contact with anyone displaying symptoms of respiratory illness.
This article was published on Kompas.com with the title “Listen, These Are Symptoms of Corona Virus from Day to Day and How to Prevent It”,
Author: Mela Arnani
Editor: Rizal Setyo Nugroho
# satgascovid19 #ingatpesanibu #pakaimasker #jagajarak #jagajarakhindarikerumunan #cucitangan #cucitanganpakaisabun