Home World The family of a missing girl pushes the Vatican for found bones

The family of a missing girl pushes the Vatican for found bones

VATICAN CITY – Lawyers for the family of a 15-year-old girl, who was missing in 1983, say they press Italian prosecutors and the Vatican for more detail on human bones near the Embassy of the Holy See in Rome.

Laura Sgro, lawyer for the family of Emanuela Orlandi, said Wednesday that the Vatican statement revealing the discovery "provides little information."

The statement did not mention Orlandi – the daughter of a Vatican employee – by name, but the find immediately prompted speculation about the disappearance of the girl, which remains one of the Holy See's most enduring secrets.

The Vatican said this week human bone fragments had been found in the renovation of a room attached to the embassy, ​​and Italian prosecutors had been activated by prosecutors to determine the body's age and sex and the date of death.

Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Must Read

Recap: ‘Game of Thrones,’ Season 8, Episode 2 – Winterfell prepares for an epic battle

<img src="https://a57.foxnews.com/a57.foxnews.com/static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2019/04/640/320/1862/1048/psc-jon-danaerys-game-of-thrones-1.jpeg?ve=1&tl=1?ve=1&tl=1" alt="In the follow-up to the highly anticipated premiere of the last season of Game of Thrones, we rejoin the families in Winterfell...

Life imprisonment for couple who confined and tortured their children

April 21, 2019 09:00 PM | Updated on April 21, 2019 9:00 PM The couple that for years confined and tortured 12 of their 13 children in...

Multi-vehicle crash in Winnetka leaves 2 in the trap – CBS Los Angeles

WINNETKA (CBSLA) - In a collision with several vehicles in Winnetka left the paramedics on Sunday evening six people, of which two had to...

After the attacks in Sri Lanka, the responsibility of the authorities in question

Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe confirmed Sunday night that information about potential attacks on churches had been transmitted by the security services but he had...