Lionel Messi stood on top of world ranking of the athletes better payments of the moment, according to a report published by the magazine Forbesspecializing in business.
Argentine soccer player PSG has income in 2022 season for more than $130 million y 55 of them come from advertising contracts. Despite leading the ranking, Messi is not the one who receives the most for advertising, since the tennis player Roger Federer harvested some 90 million for his image.
Messi left behind the star of the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA, LeBron Jameswho billed $121.2 million (80 in advertising) and Portuguese Cristiano Ronaldo (115 million). So far the podium.
The Top 10 highest earning athletes
- Lionel Messi (Soccer, Argentina) – 130 million (55 in advertising)
- LeBron James (Basketball, United States) – 121.2 million (80 in advertising)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Football, Portugal) – 115 million (55 from advertising)
- Neymar (Soccer, Brazil) – 98 million (25 advertising)
- Stephen Curry (Basketball, United States) – 92.8 million (47 advertising)
- Kevin Durant (Basketball, United States) – 92.1 million (50 advertising)
- Roger Federer (Tennis, Switzerland) – 90.7 million (90 advertising)
- saul Canelo Álvarez (Boxing, Mexico) – 90 million (5 advertising)
- Tom Brady (American Football, United States) – 83.9 million (52 advertising)
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (Basketball, Greece) – 80.9 million (41 advertising).